SALARIED GP OPPORTUNITY
These are exciting times for the development of primary care in Somerset with the creation of a brand new Primary Care Directorate set up within Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust and Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (the Alliance),with the innovative aim of providing an integrated, multi-disciplinary clinical approach to patient care.
Become a Salaried GP and be at the cutting-edge of establishing a new way of working, providing an enviable combination of:
- A role full of personal opportunities for expanding special interests
- Professional development with the chance to influence ways to improve services we deliver to our patients.
The Directorate’s current vacancy is at: Lister House Surgery in Wiveliscombe, Somerset, a semi- rural dispensing practice using EMIS WEB with a strong community spirit and easy transport links throughout the South West.
Lister House is at the heart of innovative progress with a friendly and cohesive clinical team comprising various allied disciplinary professionals to ensure a supportive environment of best-practice and collaborative team working, including:
· In-house MSK assessment clinics run by experienced Physiotherapists as first point contacts
· Advanced Nurse Practitioner
· Mental Health Therapists
· Village Agent and Wellbeing Advisors.
Whether newly qualified or an established GP looking to move away from the traditional partnership model, you could be involved in shaping the future of general practice, but without the financial constraints, property buy in or the legislative burden of working in a partnership.
Some benefits of joining us in our vision:
1. New building in 2013 with excellent clinical facilities and spacious consulting rooms.
2. Opportunities to work flexibly to fit in with family or other commitments.
3 The opportunity to develop specialist skills.
4. To play a part of developing how Primary Care interacts with acute and community care in the future & help develop new care pathways.
5. Have the support of a larger organisation to develop your career.
We would also like to hear from GPs who might be interested in focusing on alternative non-patient facing roles undertaking functions such as pathology and workflow processing. Such roles would ideally suit a GP wishing to return to work after a break or looking for flexible opportunities. We are an innovative practice open to flexible ideas and we are happy to explore these with interested parties.
We are particularly interested to hear from GPs who would like to work 4 or more sessions but we are open to all expressions of interest for the right candidate.
Our salary terms are competitive and we offer a WTE salary of £84,453. GPs will receive extra sessional payments (in addition to clinical sessions worked) to acknowledge admin time and Duty cover. Terms also include 6 weeks holiday, plus additional opportunities for paid professional development and study leave. Indemnity cover is also provided by the Trust.
Anticipated starting period: February/March 2019.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me for more information and to express an interest –
Emma Spiller, Practice Manager, email@example.com
Contact phone: 01984 623471
Organisation: Lister House Surgery
Post code: TA4 2BF
Informal visits and enquiries are welcomed.