Up to two part-time vacancies for a Patient Services Administrator, approximately 18-21 hours/ week.
Gillingham Medical Practice is a very friendly and popular GP Surgery, set within the Blackmore Vale in Dorset, close to both the A30 and the A303. We are recruiting for up to two enthusiastic Patient Services Administrators to work at both of our sites in Gillingham: The Barn Surgery and Peacemarsh Surgery.
Working hours are normally between 8:30am - 6:30pm, Monday to Friday, with one later finish on a Thursday evening at 7:30pm.
We require good team players with previous experience of working within general practice. Knowledge of SystmOne would be an advantage, but training will be given for the right candidates.
This is a very demanding (but fulfilling!) position, so applicants should have excellent communication skills and should have the initiative to work under pressure, both on their own and as part of a team.
Holiday/ sickness cover will be required, therefore a high degree of flexibility is essential.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Answering all incoming calls from patients and healthcare professionals
• Ensuring that all patients and all visitors at Reception, and telephone callers to the Practice, are greeted professionally and politely
• Advising patients of their test results where appropriate
• Booking appointments
• Ensuring that patient information is up to date
• Emailing patient summaries to hospitals
• Scanning all incoming mail
• Registering new patients
• Issuing repeat prescriptions
• Dealing with tasks from Doctors and other members of the Practice
A DBS check will be required.
All applications should be made via NHS Jobs, reference . A full advert and job description is on that page, but you can get further information or a chat about the role and potential hours by contact Sue Gray, our Operations Manager, on email@example.com or 01747 824201.
Closing date: 17/11/19.