Grove House Surgery in Shepton Mallet is currently recruiting a Nurse Practitioner to join our team.
We’re looking for an experienced nurse who, acting within their professional boundaries and with the clinical support of their doctor colleagues, can provide care for the patient from initial history taking, clinical assessment, diagnosis, treatment and evaluation of care within the Primary Care setting.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop and build on your existing skills. We are a training practice and provide monthly in-house training sessions for all staff. We also facilitate Nurse Practitioner participation in external monthly local teaching sessions, offering the opportunity to meet and learn with other local Nurse Practitioners.
We are proud to be a team of friendly and approachable staff. All clinicians meet together daily for tea/coffee to share learning and discuss cases. We have a full complement of GPs and ensure a good work-life balance for our staff.
Hours and salary are negotiable depending on experience. Some training and support may be available for the right applicant.
- BSc or MSC in Nurse Practitioner or Advanced Practice;
- Independent prescriber;
- Special knowledge/Experience Competencies;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience;
- Autonomous practitioner working independently and in conjunction with other health care professionals;
- High level of clinical skills and competency relevant to the role;
- Understanding of interagency working and adult/child safeguarding;
- Experience of continued professional development.
If you would like an informal visit to have a look at the practice and meet some of the team you will be very welcome.
For further information please contact Rachel Witcombe, Practice Manager 01749 342314